HOLISTIC IS HEALING
RDR delivers unique holistic programmes, working across a spectrum from ‘The Problem’ to ‘The Why’ to ‘The Potential’ using multiple treatment inputs.
In residential and outpatient programmes, our low client numbers allow focus with a responsive, caring and professional programme held in a family environment at a secluded recovery ‘ranch’ 40 minutes from Wellington. Large grounds, trees, gardens and a stream, with nearby bush and river walks make this the ideal healing environment. We usually have horses or ponies in the paddock and you will meet an alpaca who thinks he is human!
Clients become a part of the whanau at the RDR ranch. It is nothing like a traditional institution or hospital environment – every month we welcome clients to their new family.
- Assistance with managed detox arranged in conjunction with medical professionals/services, if required.
- Addiction Counselling.
- Family/supporter education.
- Personal discovery assignments.
- External recreational activities.
- Wellness coaching.
- Gym at the RDR residence.
- Peer support.
- Goals (the path ahead) including ‘replacement passion’ exercises.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
- Educational presentations including Life after rehab and Relapse prevention.
- Fun. It is important to have this in the mix.
- Graduation day ceremony (with whanau/supporters). Optional.
- All food provided (with nutritional advice).
- Admission to the Graduates’ Group for long term support for at least 24 months.
- All graduates have ongoing access to a 24/7 crisis/buddy line.